Maison Vinyl

Urbex: Maison Vinyl, Belgium – March 2017

The abandoned Maison Vinyl, is a small derelict house in a little village in Belgium. Scattered with children’s toys and a room in which vinyl records are attached to the walls, this house is pretty photogenic given its size. Downstairs the rooms are too cluttered with furniture and too dimly lit to photograph properly and there has been a partial collapse in on of the rooms giving way to a basement area. Far past being restorable, this little house will continue to crumble away…

Back to the Drawing Boards

Urbex: Back to the Drawing Boards, Belgium – March 2017

I don’t know very much about the history of this place, clearly whatever this industrial complex used to be it involved a lot of schematics and drawings based on what was left behind. The site clearly had a much larger footprint but most of the other buildings had been demolished and only a couple of admin buildings remained. This one, being the better of the bunch, housed all the old drawing boards and plans along with various offices…

Pleasure Island Cleethorpes

Urbex: Pleasure Island, Cleethorpes – December 2016

Pleasure Island Family Theme Park originally opened on 27th May 1993 on the site of the former Cleethorpes Zoo. During its construction in the 1980’s the original owners of the site went into receivership and the theme park which was still under construction was purchased by Robert Gibb the managing director of Flamingo Land. In 2010 one of the daughters of Robert Gibb who had taken responsibility of managing Pleasure Island took control of the site under the name Dewarsavile Enterprises Ltd. The Theme Park closed permanently at the end of the 2016 season with the majority of the rides being put up for auction…

HM Prison Shrewsbury aka The Dana - Cell Block

Permission Visit: HM Prison Shrewsbury aka The Dana, Shewsbury, Shropeshire – November 2016

The History of HM Prison Shrewsbury aka The Dana
Constructed in 1793 by Thomas Telford, the original HM Prison Shrewsbury aka The Dana was famous for being a prison of executions. Prior to changes in the Law, the Catagory B/C prison saw numerous executions by hanging which drew large crowds from the location population. The site was rebuilt in 1877 in its current form.