Ceulan Mills is an old abandoned textile mill in Wales, one of 5 others in the town this was apparently one of the first which generated electricity for some of the houses within the village making it one of the first locally to have power. The Mill is believed to have been built on the in 1850’s and closed in the 1960’s after attempts to diversify and sell directly to the public failed to generate sufficient revenue.
Not a great deal to say about this one, an old abandoned textile mill which has been closed for decades. Powered from an old water wheel the mill contains lots of old machinery and lots of coloured wool.
Now, I’m pretty sure that contrary to the name of this place… The Doll didn’t actually own the house… nor was it an actual Dolls House. This small stone built farmhouse sits isolated, a small walk from a country road surrounded by empty fields. Clearly disused for decades the place was starting to fall apart but…
The currently empty Tottenham House is a large Grade 1 listed building in the United Kingdom which has sat disused for some time. In 2014 the property sold to a multi-millionaire property developer after a long battle between the trustee and the Earl of Cardigan who were the previous joint owners.
Originally mothballed in 2010 after the loss of a large contract the Blast Furnace was relit in 2012 after new owners stepped in to restart production. However, the new owners fell into liquidation in October 2015 prompting the closure of the site once again. Parts of the site still remain in use but a lot of the production within this area has ceased with the loss of thousands of jobs.
Holly Lodge Girls’ College was an abandoned building formerly used as a school for female students until they upgraded to new premises. The old buildings were disused for several years and briefly functioned as a film set for both hospital and police station scenes as evidenced with some of the set designs..
The now abandoned Kelling Colliery was the last functioning Deep Coal Mine in the United Kingdom and marked is last day on 18th December 2015. Bore holes were first drilled on the site in the 1950’s in order to establish the feasibility of constructing the mine. The sinking of the mine’s two shafts began in 1960 which ultimately reached an initial depth of 800m…
Built in 1902 the now disused Theatre Royale located on Corporation Street, Hyde, Manchester has a nicely preserved auditorium and an excellent projection booth full of 3 large projectors.
The abandoned Forum Cinema which was primarily owned and operated by ABC Cinemas, first opened in the 1930’s and was known to be one of the finest “super cinemas” of the era…
The abandoned Château Martin du Pecheur. We stopped off at this place during our trip having seen a few older reports, disappointing the few bits of contents that did remain were now gone and the Château was pretty much empty.